The whiskey sour is a cocktail from the sours family, with lemons and sweeteners as the main ingredients. The drink is made with your favorite whiskey, whether it’s rye, bourbon, or something else, as well as lemon juice, syrup, and egg white.
Prep Time 2 minutes
Cook Time 3 minutes
Additional Time 2 minutes
Total Time 7 minutes
- 60 mL rye or bourbon whiskey
- 22.5 mL lemon juice
- 22.5 mL sugar syrup
- egg white
- Without ice combine the whiskey lemon juice sugar syrup and egg white in a shaker.
- For 6 seconds vigorously shake the mixture.
- Shake the shaker vigorously for 5-10 seconds with ice.
- Strain the contents into a rocks glass and serve.
- Garnish with half an orange wheel and a maraschino cherry.
- Consuming raw or lightly cooked eggs increases the risk of contracting a foodborne illness.
Amount Per Serving Calories 50Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 31mgCarbohydrates 5gFiber 0gSugar 4gProtein 1g