This homemade vegetable soup is a very healthy and comforting recipe that is made with fresh, preferably seasonal vegetables to give it all of its flavors. It’s very adaptable because we can use whatever vegetables we want, and it has a mild flavor making it ideal as a first course or even a complete light dinner.
If you enjoy soups don’t miss our section of soups and creams where you’ll find some delectable soups like gratin onion soup, homemade chicken broth with chickpeas traditional garlic soup or Castilian soup and fish soup and seafood soup both made with fish stock or homemade fish broth. If we look to other countries for recipes, we’ll find the delicious Portuguese green broth which is halfway between soup and cream, or the increasingly popular homemade ramen a delicious and comforting Japanese soup.
Moving on to the creams make the delicious cold vichyssoise or its hot variant the leek cream. You’ll also enjoy the traditional cream of zucchini and leeks or the cream of broccoli with garlic and potatoes and if you want to try something new, make the cream of kohlrabi with a skewer of clams and anchovies.
- 1 leek or 5-6 young garlic.
- 1 clove garlic.
- 2 sticks of celery.
- 4 carrots.
- 1/2 zucchini.
- 1/2 bunch of cauliflower.
- 1/4 col.
- 50 ml of white wine (optional).
- 1 liter of water or homemade vegetable broth.
- Extra virgin olive oil and salt.
- Begin by chopping the vegetables. Peel and finely chop the garlic clove.
- Remove the outermost layer of the leek and cut it into thin slices after cutting the roots. If you want to use young garlic which is delicious when it's in the season do the same thing you did with the leeks: remove the roots as well as the last part of the green area, remove the outermost layer, and cut them into slices.
- Wash the celery sticks trim the ends and cut them into thin slices.
- Peel the carrots and slice them thinly.
- Wash the zucchini and cut it into slices then into small cubes.
- Cut the bouquets from the half cauliflower wash them with cold water drain them, and continue cutting from each bouquet until you reach the smallest bouquets which are the ones I've been taking as shown in the photos.
- Cut the central tail from each initial bouquet into slices because it will also be used in this soup.
- Remove some of the outermost cabbage leaves because they can be a little dirty and cut the quarter cabbage into thin strips.
- We'll start making the soup once you've prepared all of the vegetables. Put a little oil and salt in a pot with a lid over
- medium-low heat, and when it's hotn add the garlic along with the leek or garlic.
- Stir-fry with leeks and garlic
- They can be sautéed for as little as 3-4 minutes because they burn quickly.
- Stir in the carrots, celery, and zucchini and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add the cabbage and cauliflower, along with a pinch of salt, and cook for another 5 minutes, always over medium heat and stirring occasionally.
- Increase the heat to high and when it begins to boil, cover the pot, lower the temperature until it is soft, and cook for 30 to 40 minutes. Test them to see if they are ready; they should be tender but not crumbly, and each piece should retain its shape.
- Taste the soup and season with salt if necessary.
Amount Per Serving Calories 101Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 0mgSodium 381mgCarbohydrates 13gFiber 4gSugar 5gProtein 3g