Of all the American recipes the one that has always piqued my interest the most is Maccheroni al Formaggio or Mac and Cheese. I tried them for the first time homemade some time ago and wasn’t overly impressed but then I tried the very famous canned version purchased in a supermarket in Gibraltar the English outpost in Spain. Again nothing exceptionalbut if that was to be expected in the latter case I would not accept defeat from Homemade Mac and Cheese.
However as in the past my desire to prepare a dish fades the moment I decide to switch from a vegetarian to a vegan diet. However I did not even pass through the brain’s anteroom to say goodbye to the Cheese of these macaroni and cheese and I quickly worked out how to make the Mac and Cheese Vegan
- 150 g of Pasta (I Cellentani)
- 1 Potato
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 cup Cashews
- 1/4 onion
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1/4 cup of Edible Yeast
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tablespoon of breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried parsley
- Begin by soaking the cashews in boiling water for 15 minutes before making vegan macaroni and cheese.
- The potatoes and carrots should then be peeled and cut into roughly equal-sized chunks.
- Cook them in lightly salted water with the onion chunks and peeled garlic clove until tender. Simply pierce them with a fork to see if they are cooked: they must be yielding.
- Then cook the pasta in plenty of salted water for a few minutes less than the package directions.
- Blend until smooth then drained cashews cooked vegetables, nutritional yeast, and turmeric in a blender preferably a glass.
- When the pasta is finished drain it and season with the prepared cream.
- Spread the breadcrumbs mixed with parsley and oil on the surface of a pan suitable for oven cooking.
- Bake for about 20 minutes at 180 ° C and serve hot.
Amount Per Serving Calories 283Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 0mgSodium 140mgCarbohydrates 35gFiber 6gSugar 2gProtein 11g