The uramaki is a type of Japanese sushi. These are rice rolls that are a few centimeters high and filled with various ingredients such as vegetables fruit cheese or fish.
We offer a classic combination in this versatile recipe which can be served as an aperitif or as a single dish uramaki with prawns and avocado.
To roll the uramaki correctly use a standard mat covered with film so that the roll is nice and firm and compact.
You can serve uramaki with a classic soy sauce and for those who like strong and decisive flavors of wasabi, you can also add some marinated ginger petals if you like.
Starting with the procedure of this recipe you can use your imagination to stuff the uramaki with other ingredients for example you can enrich them with Philadelphia cheese use another type of fish such as tuna or salmon, and finish by adding crunchiness to the preparation with cucumber slices.
- 300 g of cooked rice ready for sushi
- 1 sheet of nori seaweed
- 100 g of peeled shrimp
- 1/4 of avocado
- 2 teaspoons of sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon of mayonnaise (or spreadable cheese).
- Insert a toothpick along the back of the prawns (this prevents them from curling during cooking) blanch for a minute drain and remove the sticks.
- Peel the avocado and cut it into long slices. The mat should be filmed.
- Cut a sheet of nori seaweed in half and place it on the mat shiny side down and one long side facing you.
- Spread half of the rice on the surface in a 1 cm thick layer and top with a teaspoon of sesame seeds.
- Turn the seaweed carefully to the other side. Spread a small amount of mayonnaise in the center.
- Half of the shrimp and avocado should be on top. I'm assisting you with the rolled-up mat.
- Compact the roll by gently pressing it with the mat.
- Cut it into eight equal rounds with a sharp-bladed knife dipped in water and rice vinegar. Repeat with the other roll.
- With the sauces on the side, serve the Gil uramaki.
Amount Per Serving Calories 334Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 77mgSodium 508mgCarbohydrates 43gFiber 3gSugar 3gProtein 14g