Scones are Scottish sweets made with flour, butter, and white sugar that are typical of the Anglo-Saxon tradition.
They are served with jam clotted cream or butter at tea time.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Additional Time 5 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- FLOUR TYPE 00 350 gr
- DONKEY 90 gr
- WHITE SUGAR 60 gr
- LATTE 180 ml
- EGGS 1
- BAKING POWDER FOR CAKES 1 sachet
- Sift together the flour and baking powder. Place in a large mixing bowl or planetary mixer. Soften the butter at room temperature or in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Cut it into small pieces and add it to the flour, starting with the planetary mixer's dough hook or by hand until you have a sandy mixture. Now gradually incorporate the white sugar.
- Add the milk gradually until the mixture is extremely elastic and moist. Finish kneading the dough on a floured surface, then roll it out to a thickness of about 4 cm.
- Shape the scones with a lightly floured pastry cutter. Place the scones on a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper. Brush the surface with the egg and bake for about 25 minutes at 200 ° C.
- Allow cooling before placing the scones on a serving plate.
- The scones appear to be very simple to make but getting the right consistency after cooking necessitates a few tricks at various stages of preparation
- Sift the flour to prevent lumps from forming inside the dough.
- Use softened but not hot butter to avoid overworking the mixture while maintaining its consistency, making sure to evenly incorporate the butter to obtain a sandy mixture.
- Allow the milk to absorb completely before adding more.
- Do not over flour the shelf and do not work it more than necessary, trying not to let it stick to the shelf and finish it while avoiding overworking it and making it hard.
- Flour the pastry rings lightly to prevent the dough from sticking to them and ruining their shape.
- Avoid opening the oven door until the scones are completely golden, then insert a toothpick into the center: if it comes out completely clean, the scones are done.
Amount Per Serving Calories 160Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 62mgSodium 202mgCarbohydrates 27gFiber 0gSugar 24gProtein 3g