On this page we’ll learn how to make delectable Buttermilk Scones. Scones are English sweets that are round and small in shape similar to brioches but less sweet and are typically served with butter and jams or creams. They are quick to prepare because they rise directly during cooking and are ideal for both adult’s and children’s breakfast.
In this recipe we will add raisins to the scones but these desserts can also be made with chocolate chips, chopped nuts, dried fruit, and other ingredients.
- Self-raising flour 450
- grGrapes 120
- grButter 120
- grLarge eggs 2
- Buttermilk 5 tbsp
- Orange juice to
- tasteLatte q.b.
- Sale q.b.
- Baking yeast 2 tsp
- Wash the raisins and soak them in a cup of orange juice before making the Buttermilk Scones.
- In a mixer, combine the flour, baking powder, and butter in chunks and blend at high speed until a sandy mixture is obtained.
- If you don't have a mixer you can mix everything by hand, quickly and without overheating the butter.
- Pour this mixture into a fountain make a well in the center and add the previously beaten eggs, buttermilk, raisins, drained and well squeezed, a pinch of salt, and work everything together until a smooth dough is obtained
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and coat the rolling pin with flour as well.
- Roll out the dough into a not-too-thin sheet and cut out many circles with a 7-cm pastry cutter.
- Place the circles on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and brush with milk.
- Bake the Scones with buttermilk for 12-15 minutes at 180 degrees Fahrenheit. Your Buttermilk Scones are finished.
Amount Per Serving Calories 49856Total Fat 139gSaturated Fat 23gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 71gCholesterol 94mgSodium 167839mgCarbohydrates 10445gFiber 380gSugar 37gProtein 1395g