The peppers with meat and sausage have a second dish whim and are quite easy to prepare making it a very hearty and flavorful dish. Fill peppers with a mixed meat filling, sausages, stale bread, and other ingredients after they have been emptied. Also, here’s a recipe for a vegan version of this delectable dish.
How to Make Meat and Sausage Peppers
The delicious peppers with meat and sausage are made by removing the seeds from the vegetables and stuffing them with an egg mixture mixed with minced meat and crumbled sausage, then baking the peppers in a baking dish, sprinkled with cheese, and drizzled with extra virgin olive oil. All of the steps in the recipe are listed below.
- Beef minced meat 300 g
- Salsiccia 150 g
- Pane 80 g
- Whole milk 10 c
- l Parmigiano Reggiano DOP
- 50 g Pecorino romano
- 50 g Red peppers
- 2 Yellow peppers
- 2 Sale q.b.
- Eggs 1 Yolks
- 1 Breadcrumbs to taste
- 1 clove garlic
- Extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Pepe q.b.
- Place the minced mixed meat and chopped sausages in a bowl, while on a plate, wet the stale bread with a drop of milk and soak it thoroughly.
- Mix the soaked bread with the meat mixture, minced garlic, parsley, a whole egg, the yolk, and grated cheeses with your hands.
- Remove the insides of the peppers and fill them with the mixture of meat, eggs, and cheeses using a spoon.
- Place them in a baking dish, season with salt, pepper, parmesan, and breadcrumbs, drizzle with oil and bake at 180 degrees for 60 minutes. Serve immediately at the table.
Amount Per Serving Calories 1077Total Fat 65gSaturated Fat 33gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 24gCholesterol 292mgSodium 2269mgCarbohydrates 55gFiber 1gSugar 32gProtein 68g