The smoked salmon quiche is a delectable dish that can be served as a rich appetizer or as a main course. The happy marriage of smoked salmon and Gruyere cheese two ingredients with distinct flavors is perfectly balanced by the cream of eggs and cream which makes the filling particularly soft and delicious. We’re willing to bet that once you bring this salmon pie to the table, it’ll be gone in a flash.
Add a sprig of dill or dill wild fennel for an extra note of freshness.
The quiche is a savory pie with a crumbly pastry crust and a filling that can be made in a variety of ways but whose essential ingredients are, or should always be eggs and cream.
- 250 g of broken pasta
- 150 g of gruyere
- 4 eggs
- 3 slices of smoked salmon
- 250 ml of fresh cream
- black pepper
- To make the smoked salmon quiche start by making a shortcrust pastry according to the basic recipe.
- After resting for at least an hour roll it out into a disc with a thickness of about 4 mm and place it on a tart mold with a removable base that has been previously greased and floured. It may be helpful to roll the dough on a lightly floured rolling pin and then unroll it directly onto the mold to help you move it from the work surface to the mold. Cut away the excess dough after it has adhered to the bottom and edges. Place a sheet of parchment paper on top, fill it with dried legumes or special ceramic marbles, and bake it in a preheated oven at 160 ° for 15 minutes. Remove the paper and weights once the shell has finished cooking.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, cream, salt, and freshly ground pepper.
- Arrange the salmon slices on top of the brisee shell and sprinkle them with grated Gruyere cheese.
- Then evenly distribute the egg and cream mixture over everything Preheat the oven to 180°F and bake for 45 minutes, or until the filling is puffy and golden Then take it out of the oven.
- Allow the smoked salmon quiche to cool completely before removing it from the mold and serving.
Amount Per Serving Calories 410Total Fat 29gSaturated Fat 16gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 209mgSodium 1088mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 23g