The quiche Lorraine recipe is the star dish of any celebration in my opinion because it is simple to make and delicious both hot and cold. This savory cake takes its name from the French region where it originated and can be made with a variety of ingredients, though the classic version includes smoked bacon and Gruyere cheese
My kids don’t like bacon, so I usually substitute small pieces of ham for it; this way the final flavor is smoother. I also add filleted mushrooms because, since I usually make it for dinner, it seems like a more complete dish to me. A sliced quiche served as part of a meal is always a hit because everyone enjoys it.
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 200 milliliters of liquid cream
- 200 grams of Bacon
- 200 grams of Mozarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 100 milliliters of milk
- 4 units of Egg
- 1 pinch of salt and pepper
- The first step in making this quiche recipe is to fry the finely cut bacon. If you prefer you can buy the one that already comes in taquitos.
- Separately line a mold with puff pastry. You can use a standard round quiche mold or whatever you have on hand You can make your own dough by following the homemade puff pastry recipe.
- Puncture the puff pastry all over the mold's base then top with a sheet of baking paper and some weight. The idea is that the beans or chickpeas exert force on the dough. Place in a pre-heated oven at 180oC for a few minutes, or until the puff pastry begins to brown.
- Remove the weight and the baking paper sheet and place half of the bacon and the mozzarella cheese on the puff pastry mold.
- In addition combine the eggs, cream, and milk in a mixing bowl. Place this mixture on the puff pastry and top with the remaining bacon.
- Place the bacon quiche in the oven at the same temperature of 180oC for about 15-20 minutes, or until golden.
- Allow it to cool for a few minutes after taking it out of the oven so that it finishes curdling and does not fall apart when cutting. Then, serve this delectable Lorraine quiche with puff pastry alongside a fresh salad with avocado.
Amount Per Serving Calories 709Total Fat 58gSaturated Fat 27gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 28gCholesterol 334mgSodium 1289mgCarbohydrates 8gFiber 0gSugar 4gProtein 37g