The Homemade Mushroom Soup is the first course with a distinctly autumn flavor owing primarily to the presence of mixed mushrooms. This Mushroom and Potato Soup is invigorating healthy and filling and it’s the perfect meal to warm up on colder evenings but it’s also a delicious first course for a mushroom dinner.
If you have a lot of Mushrooms at home you can make a variety of first courses in addition to the Mushroom Soup For example you can make Mushroom Cream pappardelle with mushrooms and mushroom risotto Now let’s get to the recipe for Homemade Mushroom Soup.
- 500 gr of mixed mushrooms
- 1.5 liters of Meat Broth
- 1 red white onion
- 2 sticks of celery
- 2 carrots
- 1 clove of garlic
- 4 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon of flour 00
- 200 gr of Tuscan bread
- fine salt to taste
- to taste of Black Pepper
- To make the Homemade Mushroom Soup, first wash and peel the onion, celery, and carrots, then finely chop them. Brown the chopped vegetables in a pot (preferably terracotta) with a drizzle of oil. Mix in a tablespoon of flour until all of the ingredients are well combined.
- When the vegetables are well browned, add the previously cleaned and chopped mushrooms to the pan season with salt and pepper, and begin cooking the broth over medium heat. While the soup is cooking, toast the slices of Tuscan bread in the oven, taking care to rub the garlic on both sides of each slice of bread.
- To serve the Homemade Mushroom Soup, arrange slices of garlic-flavored Tuscan bread on serving plates, then pour the hot soup over it.
Amount Per Serving Calories 819Total Fat 42gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 27gCholesterol 197mgSodium 658mgCarbohydrates 40gFiber 6gSugar 9gProtein 68g