I’ve tried several banana bread recipes some of which were fantastic some of which were good and some of which were BLAH This is the best moist banana bread recipe I’ve found at least for my family. If you like our Cinnamon Swirl Bread, I think you’ll like this simple recipe.
- 3-4 ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat a 5x9 loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- The bananas should be peeled. (These can come from the freezer; simply defrost before using.) The bananas should be mashed.
- Combine the melted butter, eggs, vanilla, sugar, and salt in a mixing bowl. Stir the egg and sugar mixture thoroughly.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Bake after pouring into the pan.
- 1 hour in the oven After 50 minutes, insert a toothpick into the center to ensure it comes out clean. Allow to cool on a wire rack before removing from the skillet. Allow to cool completely.
Amount Per Serving Calories 576Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 87mgSodium 588mgCarbohydrates 100gFiber 4gSugar 52gProtein 8g