If you’re British or have spent time there you’ve probably heard of Maltesers which are chocolate-covered malted milk balls. If you’re from the United States you’ll recognize them as Whoppers. I only came across this name variation while writing this recipe and I really like it Whatever you call them they’re a popular treat especially at the movies.
I adore these crunchy malt balls and this No-Bake Maltesers Cheesecake is inspired by them. The base is malted milk biscuits the filling is melted Malteser Teasers and the top is decorated with milk chocolate crushed Maltesers and whipped cream. It s a Maltesers paradise.
- 300 g Malted milk biscuits
- 100 g Butter melted
- 750 g Full fat cream cheese
- 125 g Icing sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 200 g Malteser Teasers melted (or you could also chop them up into small pieces)
- 300 ml Double cream
- 200 ml Double cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Icing sugar
- 35 g Milk chocolate melted
- 65 g Maltesers crushed
- 35 g Maltesers
- To make the base whizz the malted milk biscuits into crumbs in a food processor or gently crush them in a bowl with a rolling pin.
- Mix in the melted butter and press into the bottom of a 23cm springform tin. Place it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to set.
- To make the cheesecake filling combine the cream cheese icing sugar and vanilla extract in a food mixer fitted with a whisk attachment or an electric hand whisk until smooth and lump-free.
- Allow the Malteser Teasers to cool for 10 minutes before stirring them into the filling mixture if you are melting them. If you are chopping them into small pieces stir them in after the double cream has been added
- Whisk in the double cream until it is very thick and holds its shape.
- Smooth the mixture into the tin on top of the biscuit base and place in the refrigerator overnight or for at least 4 hours to set.
- Remove from the tin and place on a plate to serve. To make a neater finish smooth the sides with a butter knife.
- Whip the double cream with the icing sugar and vanilla extract until stiff then pipe it all around the edges of the cheesecake.
- Drizzle half of the melted milk chocolate into the center of the cheesecake then sprinkle with crushed Maltesers. then drizzle with the remaining milk chocolate
- Place the whole Maltesers on top of the cream around the edge of the cheesecake.
- Serve immediately and refrigerate any leftovers for up to 2-3 days.
Amount Per Serving Calories 1886Total Fat 153gSaturated Fat 93gTrans Fat 3gUnsaturated Fat 46gCholesterol 446mgSodium 1002mgCarbohydrates 112gFiber 2gSugar 81gProtein 22g