This stuffing recipe was given to me by an Irish friend it is traditionally used to stuff turkeys at Christmas, but it can also be used to stuff vegetables or, in my case, a roast.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
- 250g of butter or margarine
- 200 gr of chopped onion
- 100 gr of chopped red onion
- 100 gr of grated carrots
- 1 stalk of chopped sedanthus,
- 1 tablespoon of chopped thyme
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon of chopped rosemary
- 1 teaspoon of chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon of chopped oregano
- 300 grams of stale white bread
- into small cubes
- 300 g of stale wholemeal bread crumbs in small cubes
- 1 cup of broth
- Cook the vegetables in butter until soft, then add the bread and mix thoroughly until it has absorbed all of the butter and juices released by the vegetables
- Pour in some broth.
- Place the filling in a baking dish and bake for 15-20 minutes at 180 ° C, covered with aluminum foil.
- Cook for another 10 minutes after removing the foil.
- Serve as a stuffing for meats or vegetables.
Amount Per Serving Calories 907Total Fat 57gSaturated Fat 33gTrans Fat 2gUnsaturated Fat 19gCholesterol 136mgSodium 1217mgCarbohydrates 83gFiber 9gSugar 13gProtein 20g