Do you want to know how to make a delectable Apple Pie or Irish Apple Pie? If so you should read this article in which we will inform you of the ingredients you will need to make the cake as well as explain how to make it step by step, so that if you have any questions, we will answer them. Hopefully our recipe for Apple Pie or Irish Apple Pie will be of great assistance to you. Continue reading to find out everything.
- 375 grams of flour.
- 180 grams of butter.
- Frozen water.
- 100 grams of sugar.
- 100 grams of brown sugar.
- 1 kilo of sour apples.
- ½ tablespoon of ground cinnamon.
- ½ tablespoon of ground nutmeg.
- 2 large tablespoons of flour.
- ½ tablespoon of lemon zest.
- 1 large tablespoon of butter.
- 1 removable mold of approximately 20 cm.
- For the dough you will first have to mix the flour, salt, and butter until it takes on the appearance of breadcrumbs, then you must add the ice water and you will have to knead it for a few seconds and then wrap it in film and let it cool for about an hour in the fridge.
- Then make the filling, peel and cut the apples into slices and put them in a container and mix the two types of sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, and flour, cover it with plastic wrap, and put it in the fridge.
- Go turning on the oven and set it to 200 degrees.
- Take the dough out of the fridge and cut half and the other half put it back in the fridge, now we will spread the first piece with a rolling pin until we leave a finite dough, put this dough on top of the mold and pour the filling.
- Then take out the other half of the dough that you had in the fridge, spread it out, and put it on top of the filling to cover it.
Seal the edges of the cake and poke a hole in the center of the cake.
- You can paint the dough with beaten egg, so it will be much more crunchy.
- Bake the cake at 200 degrees for about 50-60 minutes.
Amount Per Serving Calories 1132Total Fat 41gSaturated Fat 25gTrans Fat 2gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 104mgSodium 327mgCarbohydrates 181gFiber 10gSugar 76gProtein 14g