The carrot cake or carrot cake is one of the most well-known because in addition to being simple to make at home it is simply spectacular to get it just right without the need for expert pastry chefs. This healthy carrot cake recipe we’re sharing with you today is a variation on Julia’s carrot cake recipe which you’re probably familiar with from our blog.
There are numerous ways to make a healthy carrot cake we chose simple ingredients that are easy to find in the supermarket and will be very similar to those consumed on a regular basis. Other ways to prepare it to include substituting yogurt or cottage cheese for the cream cheese, bananas, whole wheat or almond flour, and dates, among others. Personally I like coconut oil because it adds a wonderful aroma and flavor to the cake without detracting from it in any way.
- 2 eggs
- 5 grams of liquid vanilla
- 2/3 cups coconut sugar
- 150 milliliters of coconut oil, melted, warm
- 3 carrots, peeled and grated
- 150 grams of spelled flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoons nutmeg, (optional)
- 2 grams of baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoons of baking soda
- 3 grams of sea salt, fine
- 75 grams of walnut, chopped
- 1/3 cups raisin, yellow or black (optional)
- 60 grams of butter
- 125 grams of cream cheese, at room temperature. For the bitumen
- 5 grams of liquid vanilla, For bitumen
- 35 grams of powder sugar, For bitumen
- 1 pinch of salt, for bitumen
- Preheat the oven to 165 degrees Celsius.
- Grease and line the bottoms of two 18cm cake pans or one medium pancake pan with parchment paper. Except for the sweetener, sift the flour with the powders.
- In a balloon, the mixer bowl combines the following ingredients: eggs, vanilla, and sweetener. Incorporate the oil. Mix in the carrots, raisins, and walnuts. Mix in the flour just enough to incorporate it. (Be careful not to overmix.)
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. It all depends on your mold, oven, and whether you make it as a cake or a pancake. Take out and allow to cool. Unmold.
- To make the bitumen in a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine the butter, noble icing sugar, vanilla, salt, and cream cheese.
- Decorate the cake with icing or icing sugar followed by powdered matcha tea.
Amount Per Serving Calories 1037Total Fat 72gSaturated Fat 44gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 22gCholesterol 157mgSodium 668mgCarbohydrates 88gFiber 4gSugar 52gProtein 13g