You’ve asked for a pizza base and gluten-free bread several times and here it is. The bread will have to wait a little longer but we have it planned.
In the previous post we shared a low-fat vegan mozzarella recipe and this time it’s the pizza base’s turn. The next recipe will be for the entire pizza which was absolutely delicious.
- 2 cups buckwheat flour ( 280 g )
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) + 2 tablespoons of season water
- Preheat the oven to 200oC/400oF.
- We combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir with a spoon at first then with our hands until we have a homogeneous mass. The amount of water is approximate you may need to add more or less so I recommend adding it gradually. Add more water if the dough is too dry and more flour if it is too sticky.
- Flour a flat surface, such as the kitchen counter, and stretch the dough with your hands or a rolling pin into a pizza shape.
- Then we bake it for 5 minutes on a pizza tray (optional) or on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- We remove the pizza base from the oven add the remaining ingredients, and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes. The time will vary depending on the ingredients you use and how golden you prefer your pizza. I've included a link to the entire pizza so you can see what ingredients we use.
- It is not necessary to use buckwheat flour you can substitute brown rice flour or if you don't mind gluten, rye, spelled, or whole wheat flour. The amount of water required varies according to the type of flour used and even the brand.
- Although salt is optional it adds a lot of flavor to the pizza.
- You can add some healthy fat if you want I prefer it that way but it's a personal preference.
Amount Per Serving Calories 201Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 0mgSodium 536mgCarbohydrates 42gFiber 6gSugar 2gProtein 8g