In Naples it’s soft with a crust or cornice, swollen, low and crunchy, high and soft. There is truly something for everyone As a result, we’ve decided to teach you how to make homemade pizza dough A basic recipe that is prepared with a few ingredients and then garnished as desired possibly even in an unusual shape such as our soft pizza donut. Are you ready to get your hands on something? Today we’ll learn how to make pizza dough which is also great for making a delicious rustic pizza.
We chose to knead the pizza dough by hand but if you prefer to use a mixer simply follow the same steps using the hook at medium-low speed. Begin by dissolving the yeast in the water at room temperature alternatively crumble the yeast into the flour the result will be the same. You can also use 2 g of dehydrated brewer’s yeast if you prefer. Pour the Manitoba flour and the 00 flour into a container and set aside.
- Manitoba flour 200 g
- 00 flour 300 g
- Water at room temperature 300 ml
- Extra virgin olive oil 35 g
- Salt up to 10 g
- Fresh brewer's yeast (or 1.5-2 g if dry) 5 g
- The ideal water temperature is 25 degrees Celsius. After you've poured half of the liquid you can add the salt. and knead until a homogeneous mixture is obtained always adding a little water at a time. At this point, you can add the oil, a little at a time, while continuing to knead. Finally, turn the dough out onto your work surface and knead it with your hands.
- until the mixture is smooth and homogeneous Once you've made a nice smooth dough, cover it with the bowl and set it aside for about ten minutes.
- After it has rested give it a small fold imagine the sphere is divided into four parts then take the end of each one and gently pull and fold it towards the center, giving it the shape of a sphere. Transfer the dough to a bowl cover with cling film12, and set aside to rise. For convenience, place the bowl in an oven that is turned off but has the light on so that the inside temperature reaches 26-28 ° ideal for leavening alternatively, keep the bowl in a warm place. Because each dough, temperature, and weather conditions influence leavening, times are approximate on average the dough should take 2 hours to double in volume.
- When the leavening time is up, the dough will be quite swollen transfer it to the work surface 14 and divide it in half with a tarot. If necessary, lightly flour the work surface.
- Return to folding the dough before leavening then turns it over and pirl it pirling the dough means turning it with your hands on the work surface, bringing it towards you, and then moving it away repeatedly until you have a smooth and regular sphere. Transfer the two doughs to a tray and set aside for another half hour, always covered with plastic wrap or cloth before rolling out the pizza dough and seasoning to taste
Amount Per Serving Calories 259Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 0mgSodium 973mgCarbohydrates 38gFiber 1gSugar 0gProtein 5g