A good hot soup is ideal for fighting the cold with a tasty dish especially if it is made with celeriac a fleshy root with a pleasant celery flavor. We give you this recipe in one-person portions to dispel the myth that soups can only be made in large pots over long periods of time. Serve this refined soup with croutons or slices of wholemeal bread and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese is optional.
- 1/2 CELERIAC
- 1/2 POTATO
- 1/2 ONION
- 1 CLOVE OF GARLIC
- 1 TABLESPOON OF EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- Wash and cut everything into cubes after peeling the potato and celeriac.
- In a saucepan heat the oil and sauté the thinly sliced onion until soft. Cook for another minute after adding the crushed garlic clove
- Place the potato and celeriac in the pan and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Pour in the boiling broth and cook for a quarter-hour or until the potatoes are soft. Remove from the heat allow to cool for a few minutes, and then reduce to cream with an immersion blender. However, you cannot reduce it to cream and serve it in a rustic style if you prefer.
- Pour into a bowl and garnish with chopped chives.
Amount Per Serving Calories 61Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 0mgSodium 15mgCarbohydrates 7gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 1g