Excellent soup for all palates including vegans. Everyone adores this super healthy soup, which is ideal for a light dinner.
Did you know that a medium-sized carrot has 25 calories, 6 grams of carbohydrates, and 2 grams of fiber? This vegetable is an excellent source of vitamin A, providing more than 200 percent of the daily requirement. Carrots contain beta-carotene, a naturally occurring chemical that the body converts to vitamin A. The more orange the carrot, the more beta-carotene it contains.
- 4 large carrots peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 large onion minced
- 900 milliliters of vegetable broth
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro minced
- In a large saucepan combine the carrots, onion, vegetable broth, and cilantro. Bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes, or until the carrots are softened. Allow cooling slightly after removing from the heat.
- Blend the ingredients until they form a smooth puree. If necessary reheat before serving.
Amount Per Serving Calories 68Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 1329mgCarbohydrates 14gFiber 3gSugar 6gProtein 2g