Are you certain you know how to make a good Carbonara? It is without a doubt one of the best Italian dishes and due to its deliciousness and ease of preparation it has gained worldwide acclaim. It’s simple to do but doing it well is an art. It will be fantastic if you follow our advice.
A simple recipe that requires only a little attention to perfection.
And if you enjoy quick and easy meals
- SPAGHETTI 400
- BACON (STRETCHED) or bacon - 150 gr
- PECORINO 100 gr
- YOLKS 2
- EGGS 1
- SALE q.b.
- PEPPER TO taste
- To make an excellent carbonara first cut the pancetta or guanciale into strips or cubes as desired. Place the bacon strips in a pan and brown them well, releasing all of their fat into the pan without adding any fat.
- In a bowl combine the grated pecorino. Add the pecorino, egg yolks, and whole egg to the pecorino then mix everything well to make a cream.
- Set aside after seasoning with a pinch of pepper.
- Drain the bacon and transfer it to a container once it has browned well and released its bulk into the pan.
- In a large pot bring the water to a boil. Once the water has boiled, properly salt it. Dip the spaghetti into the boiling water and cook for 2 minutes before the end of the cooking time.
- With the heat off add a ladle or two of the starch-rich pasta cooking water to the pan where you browned the bacon. Turn on the heat and allow the fat from the bacon to form a sort of cream.
- When the spaghetti is done, drain it directly into the pan add a ladle of the cooking water, and let the pasta absorb the majority of the cream that has formed in the pan.
- Remove the pan from the heat and, while stirring, allow the pasta to cool for about 30 seconds. Once the pasta's temperature has cooled slightly. Always keep the egg and pecorino mixture away from the heat when adding it to the pasta. Mix everything together thoroughly, then return the pan to heat and toss the pasta for a few seconds.
- Turn off the heat, stir in the bacon, and serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories 21355Total Fat 109gSaturated Fat 26gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 54gCholesterol 202mgSodium 1685mgCarbohydrates 4236gFiber 182gSugar 152gProtein 763g