American pancakes are a breakfast classic around the world an easy-to-make and truly delicious recipe. This is how they do it.
Many people believe they are difficult to prepare, but the truth is that they are extremely quick and easy. Do you still not believe it? Then join us in the kitchen as we learn how to make them and discover which combinations work best.
- 120 g of flour 00
- 1 egg
- 1 sachet of baking powder
- 20 g of butter
- 20 g of sugar
- 100 ml of milk
- 1 pinch of salt
- Pour the well-sifted flour, salt, and sugar into a mixing bowl.
- Separate the eggs and begin to work the egg whites in a separate bowl, whipping them with an electric whisk until stiff.
- Pour the egg yolks into a glass and lightly beat them with a fork.
- Mix the milk into the flour with a whisk or fork.
- Mix in the beaten egg yolks and melted butter until thoroughly combined.
- Now add the baking powder, a pinch of salt, and the whipped egg whites and gently fold them in with a spatula working from the bottom up.
- Let's get started with the cooking. Place a small piece of butter in a small nonstick pan. Melt over medium heat, turning to coat the entire bottom of the pan.
- Pour a little of the batter into the pan with a ladle and rotate so that it covers the bottom: they must be much thicker than crepes, for example.
- Cook the American pancakes for about a minute on medium-high heat. When bubbles appear on the top surface of the pancake flip it with a spatula and cook for 30-40 seconds more. Continue until you've used up all of your butter and batter, and then stop.
Amount Per Serving Calories 196Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 59mgSodium 218mgCarbohydrates 30gFiber 1gSugar 6gProtein 6g