Homemade amaretto is made with only a few ingredients that are commonly found in the kitchen. It’s made with vodka and sweetened with both white and brown sugars. The flavor in this recipe comes from almond and vanilla extracts rather than commercial amaretto apricot kernels. You can make your own bottle of amaretto in an hour if you have everything on hand. And if you’ve never made your own liquor before this is a great place to start.
Your amaretto will not only complement your starter bar liquor stock but will also make an excellent gift. Put it in a gift basket with a few extras to make a cocktail selection along with some almonds to chew on and you’re done
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 2 cups vodka
- 2 tablespoons of almond extract
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Collect all of the ingredients.
- Bring the water to a boil in a medium saucepan then add the sugars. Reduce the heat to a low simmer and stir constantly until the sugar dissolves.
- Allow the syrup to cool completely after removing it from the heat.
- Stir in the vodka and flavoring extracts until well combined.
- Fill a bottle halfway with amaretto liqueur and seal it.
- Serve the amaretto over ice on its own or in a cocktail of your choice.
Amount Per Serving Calories 141Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 3mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 0gSugar 18gProtein 0g